The Impact of Primary Care on Population Health OpenCourseWare: Johns Hopkins University's Free Undergraduate Level Course on Primary Care and Public Health
Johns Hopkins University offers a free version of 'The Impact of Primary Care on Population Health.' This Department of Health Policy and Management lecture studies the impact of primary care providers on the overall health of a studied group.
The Impact of Primary Care on Population Health: Course Specifics
The Impact of Primary Care on Population Health: Course Description
Professor Leiyu Shi from the Department of Health Policy and Management lectures on his work studying primary care. In his research rationale and framework, he looks closely at the definitions of primary care. He then goes on to examine how countries fair when evaluated on four key principles of primary care. Access to care, scope of care, coordination of care and length of care affect health, and countries that do well in meeting these principles have greater overall health. Shi looks at studies of seven different methods of assessment and found that trends in primary care are consistent no matter which method of evaluation is used. This one-time lecture in the Dean's Lecture Series also places emphasis on evaluation of money spent on healthcare versus the quality of that healthcare.
Included free on this OpenCourseWare site is an audio recording of the lecture. To learn more from this lecture, visit the primary care and population health course page.
Featured School Choices:
Kaplan University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- AAS in Public Safety and Security
- B.S. in Health Science
- B.S. in Health and Wellness
- B.S. in Nutrition Science
- B.S. in Healthcare Administration
Colorado State University Global responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
Southern New Hampshire University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
- BA Sociology w/conc in Community Health
- BS in Community Health Education
- BS Business Admin w/conc in Healthcare Administration
- BS Healthcare Administration
Colorado Technical University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Associate of Science - Health Administration Services
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management