Semantics OpenCourseWare: A Free Graduate Level Semantics Course by MIT
Students interested in the structure of languages and the purpose and function of grammatical rules can take the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's (MIT) free OpenCourseWare linguistics class 'Semantics.' This is a graduate level course intended for students interested in semantics and seeking a Linguistics degree.
Topics in Semantics: Course Specifics
Topics in Semantics: Course Description
This OpenCourseWare covering the purpose of various grammatical constructions is offered by the Department of Linguistics and Philosophy at MIT in Cambridge, MA. The course surveys the vagueness of language while at the same time attempting to quantify semantics. Students learn advanced topics in comparative language and superlatives, learning to measure gradability. The course explores the role of grammar elements while asserting the need for semantics to comprehensively understand language. Linguistics professors Dr. Irene Heim and Dr. Christopher Kennedy teach the course. A background in linguistics is recommended for students taking this course.
This OpenCourseWare includes a syllabus, recommended reading list, lecture notes and a full download of the course material. Those interested in this free course should visit the Topics in Semantics course page.
Featured School Choices:
Johns Hopkins University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Master of Liberal Arts
- Master of Arts in Communication
- Master of Science in Applied Economics
- Master of Arts in Science Writing
- Master of Science in Geographic Information Systems
Southern New Hampshire University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- MS in Higher Education Administration
- MEd in Curriculum and Instruction - Dyslexia Studies & LBLD
- MS in Psychology
- MA in Communication
University of the Rockies responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Master of Arts in Psychology - General Psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education - Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Doctor of Psychology - Organizational Leadership
- Doctor of Psychology - Criminology and Justice Studies
Colorado State University Global responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- MS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- MS - Teaching and Learning
- Master of Project Management
- Master of Finance
- Master of Professional Accounting