Ethical Issues in Public Health OpenCourseWare: Free Online Undergraduate Public Health Course by Johns Hopkins University
This OpenCourseWare examines ethical dilemmas in health policy and public health, such as how resources are used, the measurement of population health and whether there is a right to health care. The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health offers this free course material, called 'Ethical Issues in Public Health.' Individuals interested in morality in public health or ethical issues and students enrolled in public health-related degree programs, such as the Bachelor of Science in Health Management, will find this course useful.
Ethical Issues in Public Health: Course Specifics
Ethical Issues in Public Health: Course Description
Ruth Faden teaches the 'Ethical Issues in Public Health' course presented by the Department of Health Policy and Management of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. The primary objective of this course is to teach students to identify and understand ethical issues in public health and health policy and recognize the difference between moral arguments or other differences of opinions. Participants will also learn how to frame their arguments, pro or con, regarding health policies and practice. The free OpenCourseWare is based on a lecture and discussion course where students get to examine topics that include obesity and the 'fat tax,' reducing the burden of infant mortality and the allocation of a scarce vaccine.
The OpenCourseWare material is available as case study lecture notes that can be downloaded and a suggested reading list. If you would like to take this interesting course, visit the public health and ethics course page.
Featured School Choices:
American InterContinental University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor of Healthcare Management - HSA Mgt.
- Bachelor of Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Business Admin: Healthcare Management
Kaplan University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- B.S. in Health Science
- B.S. in Health and Wellness
- B.S. in Nutrition Science
- B.S. in Healthcare Administration
- A.A.S. in Medical Office Management
Colorado State University Global responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
University of Phoenix responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Associate of Arts in Health Care Administration/Health and Wellness Administration
- Associate of Arts - Health Care Administration/Electronic Health Records
- A.A. in Health Care Administration
- R.N. to B.S. in Nursing (RN License Required)
- A.A. in Health Care Admin - Medical Records