10 Universities Offering Free Online Technology Courses
Campus-based technology courses can be expensive, which is why many people are choosing to take free technology courses online. Some of the best universities in the world offer free technology courses. Examples include Stanford University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the Tokyo Institute of Technology.
1. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Free Technology Courses
- Free Health Technology Courses
- Free Engineering and Computer Technology Courses
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology OpenCourseWare site is undoubtedly the best place to find free technology courses online. There are hundreds of courses to choose from, which means you can find a course on nearly any technology topic imaginable.
2. Delft University of Technology
The Delft University of Technology offers a number of free technology courses. Most of Delft's courses cover advanced topics that would be of interest to students in engineering or related fields. New courses are constantly being added to the site.
3. University of California, Berkeley
If you're looking for free technology courses that you can download to your MP3 player or computer, you'll definitely want to check out UC Berkeley on iTunes. Self-learners can gain access to a wide range of technology courses, lectures and events. Additional courses can be found though webcast.berkeley.edu.
4. Stanford University
Berkeley isn't the only university that makes free technology courses available through iTunes. Stanford University has a similar set-up through their Stanford iTunes project. There are quite a few technology courses and lectures that can be accessed for free already, and more are added on a weekly basis.
5. Rice University
Connexions, a Rice University organization, hosts a wide variety of scholarly content. The site offers hundreds of free technology courses. Some courses consist of small 'knowledge chunks.' Other courses include multiple modules, books and course notes.
6. The Open University
There are more than 50 free technology courses that can be taken through The Open University's online LearningSpace. Courses range from the introductory level to the advanced level and take anywhere from two hours to two weeks to complete.
7. Utah State University
Self-learners around the world can choose from more than a dozen free technology courses when they visit Utah State University's OpenCourseWare site. Technology topics include, but are not limited to: online communities, instructional technology, interactive learning and computer engineering.
8. University of Southern Queensland
The University of Southern Queensland offers two different courses that may be of interest to technology buffs. Both of the text-based courses are free and include materials that are practical for self-learners.
9. Dixie State College of Utah
The CIT Department at the Dixie College of Utah is another great place to find free technology courses online. Courses would be appropriate for graphic designers, engineers, web developers and computer programmers. Most courses include lecture notes, assignments and project examples.
10. The Tokyo Institute of Technology
If you are looking for advanced technology courses, the Tokyo Institute of Technology is the place to be. This school offers a ton of free technology courses at the graduate level. Topics include everything from electronics to communications systems.
Featured School Choices:
DeVry University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor's - Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor's - Computer Information Systems: Enterprise Computing
- Associate - Electronics and Computer Technology
- Bachelor's - Network and Communications Management
- Certificate - Network and Communications Management
Northcentral University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Doctor of Business Administration - Applied Computer Science
- PhD in Business Administration - Applied Computer Science
- MBA - Applied Computer Science
- PhD in Business Administration - Computer and Information Security
- Doctor of Business Administration - Computer and Information Security
Herzing University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor of Science - Technology Management: Information Technology Minor
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology: Security Technology Concentration
- Associate of Science - Information Technology Administration and Management
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Administration and Management With No Declared Minor or Concentration
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology: Network Management Concentration
Post University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor - Business Administration: Information Technology
- Bachelor - Computer Information Systems/Computer Networking
- Bachelor - Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor - Computer Information Systems: Database
- Bachelor - Computer Information Systems: Software Development Management