Invention and Innovation OpenCourseWare: The Open University's Free Undergraduate Engineering Course on Innovation
The Open University offers its 'Invention and Innovation: An Introduction' course as free OpenCourseWare (OCW). The course provides an introduction to the process of designing, innovating, inventing, and diffusing the final product to the world at large. The original undergraduate course was multidisciplinary and didn't require a technical background.
Invention and Innovation--An Introduction: Course Specifics
Invention and Innovation--An Introduction: Course Description
Without a doubt, we wouldn't have the technology that assists our lives if somebody had not first dreamed it and made that dream a reality. New products and new ways of doing things continue to affect our lives for better and sometimes for worse. This course introduces how designs, innovations and inventions occur and how diffusion (or widespread use) works. In addition, the course covers the motivations, processes and difficulties that individual and company inventors have to face. Specific topics include innovation diffusion, sustaining innovation, the inventive drive, how invention begins, exploring innovation and other topics among numerous case studies. The original course was designed for students off all disciplines and didn't require an engineering or technical background.
This OpenCourseWare includes lecture notes, course content videos, content reference hyperlinks and self-assessment quizzes. If you're interested in taking this free course, visit the innovation and invention course page.
Featured School Choices:
Herzing University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor of Science - Technology Management: Software Development Minor
- Associate of Science - Software Development
- Bachelor of Science - Software Development With No Declared Minor or Concentration
- Bachelor of Science - Software Development: Computer Programming Concentration
ITT Technical Institute responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Associate - Software Development
- Bachelor - Software Development
- Associate - Industrial Engineering Technology
- A.S. in Computer and Electronics Engineering Tech.
- Associate - Electrical Technology