Famous Alumni: Where Did They Go To College?
Where did some of the world's most famous people go to college? Check out this celebrity alumni list to find out.
1. Conan O'Brien - Harvard <www.harvard.edu>
After earning the valedictorian title at Brookline High School, Conan O'Brien went on to Harvard where he studied history and literature. In 1985 he graduated magna cum laude. Twenty-three years later, Ball State University gave him an honorary degree in Actuarial Science.
2. Matt Groening - Evergreen State College <www.evergreen.edu>
Matt Groening's first choice school was Harvard, but his application was kicked into the rejection pile. He eventually studied philosophy at Evergreen State College. Groening says he fit right into the school that was once lauded as a 'haven for hippies and revolutionaries.'
3. Dr. Seuss - Lincoln College in Oxford <www.linc.ox.ac.uk>
Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known by his penname Dr. Seuss, enrolled in Dartmouth College as a freshman in 1925. He later went to Lincoln College in Oxford to earn a Doctor of Philosophy in Literature, but he left before earning the degree.
4. Mick Jagger - London School of Economics <www.lse.ac.uk>
Everyone's favorite Rolling Stone, Sir Michael Phillip 'Mick' Jagger, was accepted to the London School of Economics to study finance and accounting. He never did earn his degree though; Mick dropped out in his first year to pursue a music career.
5. Oprah Winfrey - Howard University <www.howard.edu>
Oprah studied communications (big surprise) at Tennessee State University and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Speech and Drama. In 2007, Howard University awarded her with an Honorary Doctor of Humanities Degree.
6. Christopher Walken - Hofstra University <www.hofstra.edu>
After learning to sing and dance at a Professional Children's School, Christopher Walken went on to Hofstra University. He studied English Literature for less than a year before dropping out to be in a Broadway musical with Liza Minelli.
7. Martin Luther King Jr. - Boston University <www.bu.edu>
Martin Luther King, Jr. began his college career early, enrolling in Morehouse College at age 15. After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, he earned a Bachelor of Divinity Degree from Crozer Theological Seminary. King late completed his doctorate education at Boston University, studying systematic theology.
8. Albert Einstein - ETH <www.ethz.ch>
Although his father wanted him to study electrical engineering, Albert Einstein followed his passion for numbers and equations by enrolling in the mathematics program at ETH. He graduated with a degree in physics four years later.
9. Madonna - University of Michigan <www.umich.edu>
Madonna Louise Ciccone Ritchie attended the University of Michigan on a dance scholarship, but she never graduated. One of her teachers encouraged her to drop out and pursue a career in dance in her second year.
10. Jodie Foster - Yale <www.yale.edu>
After making more than 50 television and film appearances, Jodie Foster enrolled in Yale University to study literature. She graduated magna cum laude in 1985 with a B.A.degree.
Featured School Choices:
DeVry University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Master's - Business Administration: General Management
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
- Master's - Education
- Master's - Business Administration
- Bachelor's - Communications
Grand Canyon University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
- Ph.D. in General Psychology - Performance Psychology
- Ph.D. in General Psychology - Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Ph.D. in General Psychology - Cognition and Instruction
- Master of Business Administration
Herzing University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management With No Concentration
- MBA Dual Concentration: HR & Project Mgmt.
- B.S. in Legal Studies
- Associate of Science - Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management: Business Administration Concentration
Walden University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- BS in Psychology - General Psychology
- M.B.A. in Leadership
- BS in Psychology - Applied Psychology
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General-Advanced
- PhD in Criminal Justice - General
Baker College Online responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor of Computer Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accelerated Program
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Business Administration - General Business
- Associate of Business - General Business
ITT Technical Institute responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Associate - Accounting (residence Associate''s Program)
- Master - Medical Assisting and Administration
- Associate - Industrial Engineering Technology
- Associate - Software Development
- Bachelor - Software Development