Economics OpenCourseWare: A Free Bachelor Level Economics Course by USU
'Introduction to Economics' is a free undergraduate OpenCourseWare offered by Utah State University that offers an introduction to economics. The course provides an overview of the U.S. economy and describes the interactions between private and public institutions that make up American markets. This course is intended for anyone with an interest in economics, including undergraduate-level students and and business professionals.
Introduction to Economics: Course Specifics
Introduction to Economics: Course Description
This undergraduate OpenCourseWare from Utah State University presents a basic introduction to economics and analyzes the major economic institutions in the American economy. Among the subjects discussed are private property rights, markets and business organizations, including banks and labor unions. International trade and taxation are also covered. The course begins by introducing students to the workings of a market economy, the institutions that comprise them and how they come into being. The role of government in a market economy is discussed and market forces such as inflation, unemployment and the role of the Federal Reserve and the money supply are explained. Professor Tyler Bowles teaches this lecture-based course and recommends the textbook Macroeconomics, 6th ed, Bolyes & Melvin).
Audio lecture notes and assignments are available for download. If you're interested in taking this free undergraduate course, visit the introduction to economics course page.
Featured School Choices:
Southern New Hampshire University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- BS in International Business
- BS in Business Studies - International Mgt
- BS Finance
- BS in Business Studies - Business Finance
- BS in Accounting - Finance
Colorado Technical University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - International Business
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Organizational Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Development
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - General
Indiana Wesleyan University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- B.S. Business Administration - No Specialization
- B.S. General Studies - Business
- B.S. Management - No Specialization