Developmental Entrepreneurship OpenCourseWare: MIT's Free Graduate Level Course on Developmental Entrepreneurship
'Developmental Entrepreneurship' examines the building, financing and founding of entrepreneurial ventures in emerging and developing regions. MIT offers this graduate-level course as free OpenCourseWare. The course was originally offered in a program in the Media Arts and Sciences Department.
Developmental Entrepreneurship: Course Specifics
Developmental Entrepreneurship: Course Description
By studying successful and failed developmental entrepreneurship attempts, students taking MIT's 'Developmental Entrepreneurship' course begin to understand the issues involved with offering products and services in emerging regions and developing countries. Taught by Professor Alex Pentland as part of a program offered by MIT's Media Arts and Sciences Department, this lecture-based course leads students through historical and current cases from Africa, Latin America, South Asia, Eastern Europe and China. The course examines the opportunities and challenges entrepreneurs face in such regions. It explores emerging and established business models and new opportunities of a business nature made possible by developmental technologies.
This course includes lecture notes and rough drafts of selected student projects. If you are interested in this free online course, visit the entrepreneurship in emerging regions and developing nations course page
Featured School Choices:
Western Governors University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Master of Business Administration
California InterContinental University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Doctorate in Entrepreneurship and Business Management
- Doctorate in Global Business and Leadership
Herzing University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- MBA Dual Concentration: Business Mgmt & Project Mgmt.
- MBA Dual Concentration: HR & Project Mgmt.
- MBA Dual Concentration: BS Mgmt. & HR
Northcentral University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Master of Business Administration - Entrepreneurship
- PhD in Business Administration - Management
- Doctor of Business Administration - General Business
- Master of Business Administration - Accelerated General MBA
- PhD in Business Administration - Organizational Leadership