Alcohol and Human Health OpenCourseWare: A Free Undergraduate Human Health Course by The Open University
The Open University offers the free online course 'Alcohol and Human Health'. After taking this undergraduate-level course, students will better understand the biological effects of ethanol and the short and long-term impact of alcohol use.
Alcohol and Human Health Course Specifics:
Alcohol and Human Health Course Description:
The Open University presents 'Alcohol and Human Health' through its Health and Lifestyle Department. Main course topics include biological effects of alcohol abuse, nervous-system damage, fetal alcohol syndrome and treatment options for alcoholics and the difficulties they present. In addition, students can expect to study hangovers and longer-term issues stemming from chronic alcoholism. This introductory-level undergraduate OpenCourseWare requires about six hours to complete.
Course materials include a full course outline, a list of reading references and a discussion forum. To learn more, visit the alcohol and human health course page.
Featured School Choices:
Southern New Hampshire University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- BA Human Services Substance Abuse
- BA in Psychology - Addictions
- BA in Psychology - Mental Health
- BA in Psychology - Forensic Psychology
- BS Business Admin w/conc in Healthcare Administration
Grand Canyon University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- BS in Counseling - Addiction, Chemical Dependency, and Substance Abuse
- BS in Health Care Administration
- BS in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science
Indiana Wesleyan University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor of Science in Addictions Couseling
- B.S. General Studies - Life Sciences
- B.S. Healthcare Administration
- A.S. General Studies - Life Sciences