Aerodynamics OpenCourseWare: MIT's Free Undergraduate Aerodynamics Class
'Aerodynamics,' an OpenCourseWare project being offered by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, introduces students to the study of aerodynamics - specifically in this course, the airflow around an airplane. Individuals interested in a Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics and Astronautics may find this course interesting.
Aerodynamics: Course Specifics
Aerodynamics: Course Description
This course, from MIT's Aeronautics and Astronautics Department investigates the aerodynamics of an airplane. Students learn first-hand by conducting their own experimental and computational aerodynamic design and analysis. In the free, online OpenCourseWare class, individuals interested in understanding the formulation, application and assessment of aerodynamic models have the opportunity to study past students' projects. They also have access to a number of other course materials, including a series of lecture notes. Other key topics covered in 'Aerodynamics' include the thin airfoil theory, kinematics and different types of boundary layer techniques. Professor David Darmofal taught this course.
'Aerodynamics' includes lecture notes, a reading list, sample problem sets, a full final project description, exams, with study questions, a list of related resources and other study materials. To access this free online course, visit MIT's 'Aerodynamics' course page.
Featured School Choices:
Southern New Hampshire University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- BA in Psychology
- BA Psychology w/conc in Applied Psychology
- BA Communications w/conc in New Media
- BS Computer Science
- AA in Liberal Arts
Full Sail University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor of Science - Software Development
- BS - Cloud Technologies (Campus)
- BS - Creative Writing for Entertainment (Campus)
- BS - Film (Campus)
- BS - Media Communications (Campus)
Ashford University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor of Arts - Journalism and Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
- BA/Education Studies
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Communication Studies
Colorado State University Global responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- BS - Communication
- BS - Human Services
- BS - Accounting
- BS - Project Management
- BS - Marketing
ECPI University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor's - Electronics Engineering Technology
- Bachelor's - Network Security
- Bachelor's - Mechatronics
- Bachelor's - Cloud Computing
- Associate's - Electronics Engineering Technology