Programming with Robots OpenCourseWare: Free Online Undergraduate Robotic Programming Course by Capilano University
Build and control your own robot with a LEGO Mindstorms set and this free OpenCourseWare about robotic programming from Capilano University. 'Programming with Robots' will introduce you to basic computer programming skills that underlie the most complex robotic tasks. With no previous coursework needed to understand it, this material is suited to aspiring computer science majors.
Programming with Robots: Course Specifics
Programming with Robots: Course Description
Robots captivate the imagination, but skillful programming is necessary to supply the instructions robots need to carry out commands. This OpenCourseWare from Capilano University in North Vancouver, British Columbia, guides students in building a robot and writing programs to lead it through simple tasks. To take full advantage of this computer science OpenCourseWare, the reader will need a computer and a LEGO Mindstorms set, which contains a microcomputer LEGO brick and other robotics components. Students will learn about conditional commands, loop commands, algorithms and other aspects of controlling robots. Other material discusses robotic communication, artificial intelligence and the ethical implications of robotics. Capilano University Computing Science instructors Jason Madar and Margaret Dulat teach the original course, which incorporates lectures and hands-on robotics work.
This OpenCourseWare about robotics and computer programming makes lecture notes, readings, presentation slides, and sample quizzes and assignments available free online. If you're interested in this course, visit the robotic programming course page.
Featured School Choices:
Kaplan University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- AAS in Information Technology - Multiplatform Software Development
- BS in Information Technology/Multiplatform Software Development
- A.A.S. in Information Technology
- BSIT - Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Herzing University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor of Science - Software Development With No Declared Minor or Concentration
- Bachelor of Science - Software Development: Computer Programming Concentration
- Associate of Science - Software Development
- Associate of Science - Technology Studies
Colorado Technical University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology: Software Application Programming
- BS - IT - Web Development
- Bachelor of Science - Information Technology
- BS - Business Administration - IT
- BS - IT - Security