Principles of Industrial Hygiene OpenCourseWare: Johns Hopkins University's Free Undergraduate Course on the Study of Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health
Learn the tasks of industrial hygienists and how they determine health risks through this free OpenCourseWare offered by Johns Hopkins University. 'Principles of Industrial Hygiene' will introduce you to the basics of a career in industrial hygiene and show how industrial hygienists assess the disease risks associated with a variety of industrial activities. This course is ideal for undergraduate students studying Industrial Hygiene or those who are part of a healthcare degree program and would like an understanding of industrial hygiene.
Principles of Industrial Hygiene: Course Specifics
Principles of Industrial Hygiene: Course Description
The longer a person is exposed to a contaminant, the faster related diseases develop. Industrial hygienists identify vectors that can cause death and disease and determine the risk they pose. This free OpenCourseWare provided by the Johns Hopkins University's School of Public Health in Baltimore, Maryland, uncovers the process of identifying a risk factor and determining the likelihood of disease transmission and possible prevention methods. Students study ethical issues surrounding industrial hygiene, including the necessity of alerting the proper authorities to the dangers of a work area as well as the potential for disease. Patrick Breysse, Ph.D., C.I.H. and Peter S.J. Lees, Ph.D., C.I.H., teach this course through Johns Hopkins University about occupational and environmental health.
This OpenCourseWare provides free lectures, notes and study materials. To take this course, visit the principles of industrial hygiene course page.
Featured School Choices:
Southern New Hampshire University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- BS in Public Health
- BA Sociology w/conc in Community Health
- BS in Community Health Education
- BS Business Admin w/conc in Healthcare Administration
- BS Healthcare Administration
Colorado State University Global responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
Grand Canyon University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- BS in Health Care Administration
- BS in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science
Regent University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Leadership Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Colorado Technical University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- BS - Business Administration - Health Care Management