BSN to MSN Degree Review - Master Degree Information
A degree in Nursing Education will teach you the necessary leadership skills you need to advance in your career. With a Masters degree in Nursing Education graduates may enter careers in research, academics or continue to advance in clinical nursing.
Summary of the Nursing Education Degree Program
In a Masters Degree program for Nursing Education you will acquire skills in research, problem solving and management procedures. You will be an institutional leader making significant contributions in advancing awareness of nursing principles, practices and new technology.
Specific Skills You Will Learn
A Masters degree in Nursing Education will prepare you to make nursing assessments, communicate the needs of patients, integrate information with new technology and be involved in nursing research. You will become a highly skilled practitioner in the policies, procedures and principles of nursing. You will develop leadership skills that will help you advance your career and directly report to top management.
Though coursework will vary depending on the college you choose, common areas of study in a nursing education degree program include:
- Theories of Nursing Education
- Writing for Publication
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing
- Patient Education and Counseling
Career Related Information
Career Fields You Will Be Prepared to Enter
In choosing to earn a Masters degree in nursing education you will be entering into a highly demanding career. A strong sense of integrity, honesty and loyalty will be essential in maintaining an ethical research and teaching environment.
Occupational Outlook For Business Management Including Salary Information
According to, swz.salary.com, the national annual median wage for a MSN varies from $73,330 to $86,372. Your salary will depend on the size of the institution and region in which you are employed. There is great demand for highly-skilled nurses. According to bls.gov the need for skilled nurses is not matching the national need.
Featured School Choices:
Southern New Hampshire University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- MS in Nursing: Patient Quality and Safety Concentration
- MS in Nursing: General Concentration
- MS in Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader Concentration
California InterContinental University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- MBA - Healthcare Management and Leadership
Herzing University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- M.S. in Nursing Education
- M.S. in Nursing Management
- Master of Science - Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration
- MBA Dual Concentration: Healthcare Management and Project Management
- MBA Dual Concentration: Healthcare Management and Public Safety Leadership
University of Phoenix responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- Master of Science in Nursing/Nurse Administration
- M.S. in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner
- M.S. in Nursing / M.B.A. in Health Care Mgmt
- Master of Science in Nursing/Nurse Education
- M.S. in Nursing / Master of Health Admin
Kaplan University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- MS in Nursing
- M.S. in Nursing - Nurse Educator
- MSN in Nurse Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing - Nurse Administrator
- Master of Science - DNP Adult Nurse Practitioner
Capella University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- MSN in RN-to-MSN Nurse Educator
- MSN in RN-to-MSN Nursing Leadership and Admin
- M.S.N. in Nursing Leadership and Administration
- M.S.N. in Nurse Educator (RN License Required)
- M.S.N. in Diabetes Nursing