20 of the Best Photoshop Tutorials for Students
Interested in learning more about using Photoshop for drawing, photos, animation, graphics and web design? There are a lot of free tutorials on the web that can teach you basic and advanced techniques. Here are 20 good Photoshop tutorials for students.
- Basic Animation Tutorial - This video tutorial covers the basics of Photoshop animation.
- Avatar Animation Tutorial - This short tutorial teaches students how to make an animated avatar using Photoshop.
- Text Animation Tutorial - Students can learn how to animate text in Photoshop with this straightforward tutorial from Tutorial Blog.
- Graph Animation Tutorial - This free tutorial will teach you how to make an animated graph for presentations using Photoshop.
- Basic Drawing Tutorial - This tutorial, from SOSNewbie, teaches beginners the basics of digital drawing with Photoshop.
- Drawing Effect Tutorial - Students can learn how to make a photo look like a drawing in this beginner-level Photoshop tutorial.
- How to Draw Product Labels - This comprehensive Photoshop Lady tutorial guides students through the process of drawing and creating original logos and product labels.
- Portrait Painting Tutorial - This Deviant Art tutorial teaches students how to sketch and paint a portrait with Photoshop.
- Basic Photo Touch-Up Tutorial - Picture Correct offers a concise Photoshop tutorial that covers the basics of photo touch-ups.
- Colorizing B&W Photos - This video tutorial from MetaCafe teaches students how to use Photoshop to turn black and white photos into color photos.
- Making Skin Beautiful - This Tutiki tutorial teaches students how to remove and soften skin flaws in photos with Photoshop.
- How to Make Pictures Pop - Digital Photography School provides a Photoshop tutorial that teaches four easy techniques to make the images in your pictures 'pop.'
Text, Texture and Effects
- Basic Text Art Tutorial - This 12-step Photoshop tutorial teaches students how to create text art.
- 3D Text Tutorial - Digital Arts hosts a great Photoshop tutorial that teaches students how to create 3D text.
- How to Create Fantasy Lighting Effects - This Photoshop tutorial, also from Digital Arts, teaches students how to incorporate 'fantasy' lighting effects into a photo.
- How to Add Texture to an Image - You can learn how to use texture in artwork with this easy-to-follow tutorial from PhotoshopStar.
- Blog Design Tutorial - This Spoon Graphics tutorial teaches students how to create a vibrant, modern blog design using Photoshop.
- Web Design Tutorial - Pegaweb hosts a great tutorial that teaches students how to use Photoshop to design a modern web page.
- Banner Ad Tutorial - This Nobs Tutorial offers step-by-step instructions for creating banners ads in Photoshop.
- Icon Design Tutorial - Learn how to design icons for the web with this in depth Photoshop tutorial from Smashing Magazine.
Featured School Choices:
Indiana Wesleyan University responds quickly to information requests through this site.
- B.S. General Studies - Fine Arts
- A.S. General Studies - Fine Arts